Are you a gamer and at the same time a penetration testing enthusiast in web applications?
Well then, you might wanna try whacking out 'hackxor'! Hackxor is a web application hacking game where players must locate and exploit vulnerabilities to progress through the story wherein you play as a blackhat hacker hired to track down another hacker by any means possible. It contains scripts that are vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting(XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery(CSRF), Structured Query Language Injection (SQLi), Remote Command Injection(RCE), and many more. It's also a web application running on Fedora 14.
- 1. Download the full version of hackxor (700mb)
- 2. Install VMWare Player (This involves creating a free account with vmware)
- 3. Extract hackxor1.7z, run the image using VMware player.
- 4. Work out what the IP of hackxor is ((try 172.16.93.129)|| logging into the VM with username:root pass:hackxor and typing ifconfig)
- 5. Configure your hosts file (/etc/hosts on linux) to redirect the following domains to the IP of hackxor: wraithmail, wraithbox, cloaknet, GGHB, hub71, utrack.
- 6. Browse to http://wraithmail:8080 and login with username:algo password:smurf
About the Contributor:
Shipcode is a prolific blogger of ROOTCON and at the same time an InfoSec enthusiast from Cebu. He was inspired to join ROOTCON as part of the core team to share his knowledge in information security. He encourages other like minded individuals to come forward and share their knowledge through blogging right here at ROOTCON Blog section.
ROOTCON is managed by like minded InfoSec professionals across the Philippines. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks, brands and articles are the property of their respective owners.